Sunday, July 19, 2009

Second Annual Renegade Craft Fair, San Francisco

Fort Mason Festival Pavilion overlooking Alcatraz

This weekend I attended the Second Annual Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco with my sister. There were soooo many artists and crafters. It was a nice morning when we arrived at the Fort Mason Center on the bay. Arriving early we ensured a parking spot and had time for a nice walk over the hill to Fisherman's Wharf for coffee and croissant at Peet's. It was mostly sunny in that part of the bay, but fog still covered the Golden Gate.


Entering the Fair just minutes after its opening it was already in full swing. At the entrance was the Renegade Craft Welcome Station. We spoke with artist Mat Daly, husband of fair organizer Sue Daly, who created the poster for the event. We had to have one. I had planned on stopping to see Mati Rose Mcdonough and there she was with friend Caitlin at the front as well. I love her lucky elephant series and picked up one in blue. My sister bought one of her colorful print of a mixed media piece.

Enjoyed meeting Lisa Price of ArtGoodies and bought one of her cute hand printed (pink deer) stuffies. I'm using mine on my bed as an accent pillow.

Also met Amy from Garbella and purchased a green bird bag to carry the rest of my finds.

Other purchases included posters for our teens from We Make Posters, a pretty greeting card set from Lisa Congdon, note cards from Dutch Door Press and InvitaPaper Studio and vintage typewriter key jewelery from The Weekend Store.
We even found the Etsy booth and picked up some fun promotional goodies.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your crafty outing. I was curious to hear how it had gone. I really like your final photo, so moody and mysterious somehow. The ghostly silhouette of the bridge is beautiful. I would love to go with you next year!

    ReplyDelete